Watt's Up SolAero Tech
16-SOL-0823 Data Warehouse Analyst
Posted: August 23, 2016
Albuquerque, NM, United States
SolAero Technologies Corp. is one of the world's leading manufacturers of highly –efficient radiation-hard solar cells, Coverglass Interconnected Cells (CIC), and solar panels for space power applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to 130 successful space missions with zero on-orbit failures. The Company's proven manufacturing capability, technology leadership and unsurpassed reliability makes SolAero the supplier of choice for demanding space programs.
Job Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for implementing solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel. Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
Primary support for MS SQL Server stack
BI/Data Warehouse Administrator:
- Design, Implement and provide Project Management for new SQL solutions
- Install and support for all server side and client side SQL user interfaces
- Support for all automation and engineering related projects that require database
- Day-to-day care and maintenance of all SQL servers
- Management of backup and governance policies
- Designs, Implements and supports robust data marts for self-service BI solutions.
- Manages SSAS cubes to support various data needs across the organization.
- Designs, Implements and supports SSIS Packages to handle all ETL needs.
- Assist various business units in automating all data mining activities.
- Generate road map of consolidated data delivery tools and warehouse and ensure effective implementation for same.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to business processes based on data analysis.
- Provide administrative support for all software that relies on RDBMS or ETL
- Designs and implements data sub systems that optimize the applications using them
- Travel as required
- May be required to write jobs, using various scripting languages.
- Must provide mentoring and training to other staff members.
- Writes process and procedural documentation including requirements.
- Develops and coordinates knowledge transfer.
- Interacts with business units to gather, define, and organize delivery of business solutions.
- Authority to stop any process that threatens the wellbeing of any SolAero employee.
- Authority to initiate Corrective Action when a nonconformance is identified and stop the process when a nonconformance is found.
- Other appropriate activities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience
- This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, Systems Administrator position.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, simple financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write technical reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other engineers.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Requires a very high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Prioritizes activities based on workload.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated related experience.
- BS/BA Degree in related field or equivalent accredited certifications.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Communicates Effectively – Delivers clear, accurate, honest messages that inspire and drive commitment.
- Listens and encourages open expression of ideas and options.
- Understands SolAero's mission and adapts those messages to fit different audiences.
- Honors the value of the team's time by effectively managing meetings and communications.
- Promotes a free flow of ideas throughout SolAero.
- Makes Effective Decisions – Gathers, organizes and evaluates relevant information in order to assess situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Makes fact-based decisions consistent with SolAero's goals.
- Asks for input when needed in order to make the best decisions possible.
- Makes sound decisions quickly, even with limited, or new information.
- Seeks alternative solutions that are "out of the box."
- Challenges the status quo and "the way we have always done it."
- Customer Driven – Makes decisions and acts in the best interest of the customer. Serves as the customer's trusted advisor.
- Understands customer needs by proactively meeting expectations and providing appropriate solutions.
- Values the long term customer relationship.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns.
- Inspires Others – Fosters an environment of excellence through high performance standards.
- Assumes different roles based on the needs of SolAero or the team.
- Believes that how you get results is as important as getting results.
- Earns the trust of others by delivering and by "walking the talk."
- Assumes positive intent in others.
- Displays Self Leadership – Places SolAero's interests above own interests.
- Seeks, as well as provides, constructive feedback.
- Listens to feedback and takes corrective action or modifies own behavior as appropriate.
- Learns, and helps others learn, from mistakes.
- Works well with others and is respected by the
- Exhibits strong commitment to business ethics.
- Results/Execution – Takes personal accountability for planning, organizing and prioritizing work to achieve measurable results.
- Committed to increasing shareholder value.
- Sets aggressive goals and accepts accountability for their achievement.
- Creates a sense of urgency, and quickly shifts course, if required, to assure effective execution. Drives action toward defined metrics, and refuses to accept falling short, by quickly responding to below target performance.
- The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to type.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus and long periods in front of computer monitors.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Outstanding Customer Service Novice
- Presentation Skills Novice
- Manage Time Effectively Novice
- Communication Novice
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.